Leslie Knope is the epitome of positivity and team spirit throughout Pawnee, Indiana. To bring a little extra positivity and team spirit to your neck of the woods, we’ve compiled the best Leslie Knope quotes from Parks and Rec.
Knope, played by the hilarious Amy Poehler, is the glue holding Pawnee together (or so she likes to think).
We all know and love Leslie for her dry sense of humor, naïve personality, and undying love for her friends and coworkers. Oh, to go through life with such blissful positivity.
Best Leslie Knope Quotes
RELATED: 18 Life And Love Lessons From 'Parks And Recreation'
If you love Parks and Rec and need a little uplifting, these hilarious Leslie Knope quotes will get you back in the Pawnee spirit.
1. "Winning is every girl's dream. But it's my destiny." — Leslie Knope
2. "One person's annoying is another person's inspiring and heroic." — Leslie Knope
3. "There's nothing we can't do if we work hard, never sleep, and shirk all other responsibilities our lives." — Leslie Knope
4. "There are no consequences to my actions anymore. I'm like a white, male U.S. Senator." — Leslie Knope
5. "I have the most valuable currency in America: A blind, stubborn belief that what I'm doing is 100% right." — Leslie Knope
6. "Every time a couple gets married, two single people die." — Leslie Knope
7. "Guys love it when you can show them you're better than they are at something they love." — Leslie Knope
8. "We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, work. But work has to come third." — Leslie Knope
9. "I need you to text me every thirty seconds saying that everything is gonna be okay." — Leslie Knope
10. "I am big enough to admit that I am often inspired by myself." — Leslie Knope
11. "Hey, Leslie. It's Leslie. Hang in there. I love you. Bye." — Leslie Knope
12. "If I had to have a stripper's name, it would be equality." — Leslie Knope
13. "So what I hear when I'm being yelled at is people caring loudly at me." — Leslie Knope
14. "I stand behind my decision to avoid salad and other disgusting things." — Leslie Knope
15. "You know my code. Hoes before bros.Uteruses before duderuses. Ovaries before brovaries." — Leslie Knope
16. "I believe assault should be legal if the person is a jerk." — Leslie Knope
17. "I am super chill all the time!" — Leslie Knope
18. "Why would anybody ever eat anything besides breakfast food?" — Leslie Knope
19. "I took your idea and I made it better." — Leslie Knope
20. "Oh, so just because I can't go out with him, someone else can?" — Leslie Knope
RELATED: 30 Funniest Parks And Rec Quotes About Life, Love, & Friendship
21. "Positive is always better than negative." — Leslie Knope
22. "I'm cried out but I want to cry more, so I'm rehydrating." — Leslie Knope
23. "In my experience with butt-faces, you are one." — Leslie Knopes
24. "Men's rights is nothing." — Leslie Knope
25. "If I seem too passionate, it's because I care. And if I come on strong, it's because I feel strongly. If I push too hard, it's because things aren't happening fast enough." — Leslie Knope
26. "I am a goddess." — Leslie Knope
27. "Friendship is better because friends help you move, they drive you to the airport. Boyfriends just ... love you and marry you." — Leslie Knope
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Join now for YourTango's trending articles, top expert advice and personal horoscopes delivered straight to your inbox each morning.
28. "Sit tight? Take a beat? Relax? I don't really do any of those things!" — Leslie Knope
29. "February 13th, Galentine's day, is about celebrating lady friends. It's wonderful and it should be a national holiday." — Leslie Knope
30. "So I just slept seven hours, which is twice as long as I usually sleep ... so I'm a little disoriented." — Leslie Knope
31. "I'm gonna work until I'm 100 and then cut back to four days a week." — Leslie Knope
32. "I know I have to be the grown-up. But it's so hard!" — Leslie Knope
33. "Everything in my life is going wrong right now. Whose fault is this? I demand to know!" — Leslie Knope
34. "I have a lot to gain by being right, and I have severe tunnel vision about achieving my goals." — Leslie Knope
35. "I guess some people object to powerful depictions of awesome ladies." — Leslie Knope
36. "Everything hurts and I'm dying." — Leslie Knope
37. "Oh, well, math is worthless in real life." — Leslie Knope
38. "Do it. Fierce. Power." — Leslie Knope
39. "Besides, what's more cuterus than your uterus." — Leslie Knope
40. "I doth proclaim to be a stupid fart face." — Leslie Knope
RELATED: 40 Best Ron Swanson Quotes From Parks And Rec
Lindsey Matthews is a writer who covers love and relationships, news, and pop-culture topics.
15 Motivating Leslie Knope Quotes On Leadership & Service
Table of Contents Hide
- About the Character “Leslie Knope”
- 15 Quotes About Leadership and Service from Leslie Knope
- #1. “One person’s annoying is another’s inspiring and heroic.”
- #2. “What I hear when I’m being yelled at is people caring loudly at me.”
- #3. “We need to remember what’s important in life: friends, waffles, work. Or waffles, friends, work. Doesn’t matter, but work is third.”
- #4. “I need you to text me every 30 seconds that everything is going to be OK.”
- #5. “I am big enough to admit that I am often inspired by myself.”
- #6. “I have the most valuable currency in America: a blind, stubborn belief that I’m 100% right.”
- #7. “Hey, Leslie. It’s Leslie. Hang in there. I love you. Bye.”
- #8. “You only get one chance to make a second impression.”
- #9. “Yesterday I was tough and direct; today I have to be charming. Basically, yesterday I was Hillary Clinton and today I am Bill.”
- #10. “No matter what I do, literally nothing bad can happen to me. I’m like a white male US Senator”
- #11. “You have all the strengths”
- #12. “I need a good plan though. I don’t want to cause a panic.”
- #13. “The raccoon problem is under control. They have their part of town and we have ours.”
- #14. “I mean that’s why people respect Hilary Clinton so much because nobody takes a punch like her. She’s the strongest, smartest punching bag in the world”
- #15. “We’re a nation of dreamers and it is my dream to build a park that I one day visit with my White House staff on my birthday. And they say, ‘President Knope, this park is awesome. Now we understand why you are the first female President of the United States.”
- In Conclusion
If you’re a fan of NBC sitcoms, then you’ve probably heard of the Leslie Knope quotes. Leslie Babara Knope was the protagonist of the show “Parks and Recreations”.
Played by actress Amy Poehler, Leslie Knope was an overachiever who believes the government should serve the people. As a smart lady who wanted everyone in her orbit to succeed, some of her thoughts on leadership and service have gone ahead to become motivating quotes for all and sundry.
Amy Poehler plays the role of Leslie Knope who serves as the Deputy Director of the Parks and Recreation Department of the fictional city of Pawnee, Indiana.
Leslie was a “yellow-haired female who likes waffles and news.” Comically, she loved her coworkers and friends with fierceness, creativity, and unconditional loyalty that should inspire us all. Leslie always wanted everyone in her orbit to succeed, find happiness, and make the world a better place.
This article explains the top 15 quotes of the fictional character Leslie Knope on leadership and service.
About the Character “Leslie Knope”
Leslie graduated in the top 5% of her class at Pawnee North High School. She was Co-Vice President of the Student Body and a member of Model United Nations.
She belonged to other associations like Key Club, Debate Club, Mock Trial, Young Democrats, Young Independents (founding member), Drama Club, Historical Society, Orchestra, Color Guard, and junior varsity field hockey.
Afterwards, she attended Indiana University where she graduated summa cum laude with a degree in History from the School of Environmental and Public Affairs.
As a strong, ambitious woman in a town where people don’t always believe in her, Leslie Knope sticks to her convictions and doesn’t let anything stand in the way of getting her job done and helping her constituents. She knows how to motivate a crowd, is constantly supporting and empowering her friends and loved ones, and never gives up on her dreams and goals.
Although Leslie Knope is a fictional character, most of her quotes on leadership stands the test of time.
Also read: 25 New quotes about strength and Agility in 2021
15 Quotes About Leadership and Service from Leslie Knope
Here some quotes from Leslie Knope that will inspire you to lead and serve.
#1. “One person’s annoying is another’s inspiring and heroic.”
This quotes sounds a bit funny but it is probably the most relatable quote you’ll see out there. It is a great reminder that you’re only human and you can’t please everyone, so you have to be willing to accept that.
Take it from Knope — it’s likely that for every person who thinks you’re not good at your job, more people respect you and look up to you.
Knope is trying to let us know that, although one person may love you, the other may have quite the opposite reaction to you. As a leader, you won’t be able to please everybody especially cause we’re all so unique.
So, don’t take it to heart that some people oppose your decisions; don’t let one person’s opinion get you down. Just keep up the good work and remember that ‘you’re someone’s inspiring and heroic’.
#2. “What I hear when I’m being yelled at is people caring loudly at me.”
At a first look at this quirky quote, you may be a bit confused. Like, ‘how exactly is it that people are yelling cause they care?’ Well, Leslie’s eternal optimism was always one of her character’s best assets. No matter what was happening, she knew how to see the good in a bad situation.
More specifically, if you’re ever in a squabble with a colleague, friend or employee, do not take it to heart. Instead, find out why he/she is upset with you and look for a way to solve the problem.. The reason probably is cause they either expect better from you or they want you to wake up and smell the roses.
#3. “We need to remember what’s important in life: friends, waffles, work. Or waffles, friends, work. Doesn’t matter, but work is third.”
Although waffles should probably not be counted as a priority, Leslie did have the right idea. Work should most definitely be third though. We need to know how to place importance on the things that matter to us especially when it comes to friends and family.
We hear a lot about companies replacing employees within minutes of their death, why would you wanna place that over your family and friends. Good one Leslie!
#4. “I need you to text me every 30 seconds that everything is going to be OK.”
Even when you’re in charge, it’s not always possible to handle everything on your own. Sometimes, you need a friend or colleague to give you support. Okay, maybe getting a call or text every 30 seconds is a bit of a stretch but i’m sure you get the idea.
Remember that you are not alone and that there is a whole support system rooting for you. Never be ashamed to admit that you don’t have it all together. Be like Leslie, she knew that she had Ann. Ensure that you find your ‘Ann’.
#5. “I am big enough to admit that I am often inspired by myself.”
There are thirteen framed portraits on Leslie’s office wall. She calls it her “Wall of Inspirational Women.” Twelve of these women are historical figures, including Bella Abzug, Condoleeza Rice, and Sally Ride.
The thirteenth frame holds a picture of Leslie, herself. Egos aside, it is important to remember those who came before you and let them continue to inspire you to do your best work.
Sometimes, when you’re down in the dumps, it’s okay to draw inspiration from yourself. Be your personal cheerleader, give yourself affirmations and come out to face the world blazing!
This is another motivating Leslie Knope quotes on leadership and service.
#6. “I have the most valuable currency in America: a blind, stubborn belief that I’m 100% right.”
In real life, this attitude can cause real problems in the workplace, but let’s take a closer look. The character Leslie Knope is capable of changing her mind.
However, she’s never willing to compromise on her principles. She stands by her values and doesn’t give up on the goals of her team. There truly is nothing more honorable than a woman who knows what she wants, how she wants it and when she wants it. Stay with your guts and stand your ground.
#7. “Hey, Leslie. It’s Leslie. Hang in there. I love you. Bye.”
When you’re busy balancing everything else, it’s tempting to let your own needs slide to the bottom of the priority pile. But it’s exactly at those moments when we need to take the best care of ourselves.
Self-care as a leader is very essential lest you’ll be the one who needs to be led (to a hospital in order to be checked up).
Honestly, though it’s easy to forget to check on yourself with so many responsibilities, but Leslie never failed to remember that she also needed some TLC. Take yourself out and remind yourself that everything with be fine in due time.
#8. “You only get one chance to make a second impression.”
First impressions are crucial, but they aren’t everything. If you leave a meeting, conference, or any other event where you feel that you haven’t left the best possible impression, don’t sulk, instead, focus on how you can learn from your experience and show your best self at your next interaction.
You could even arrange an interaction with the targeted client. Whatever you do, make it the best encounter ever and keep your head up! First impressions are everything… except when they’re not!
This is another Leslie Knope quotes on leadership and service.
#9. “Yesterday I was tough and direct; today I have to be charming. Basically, yesterday I was Hillary Clinton and today I am Bill.”
Effective leaders have this one skill in common – know your audience. If you aren’t getting your message across effectively take a step back and determine how you can modulate your behavior and tone.
If you’re dealing with people who feel like they’ve been getting the short end of the stick, then you need to come down to their level, be in their shoes. A good leader has multiple personalities and facial expression sfor different encounters.
#10. “No matter what I do, literally nothing bad can happen to me. I’m like a white male US Senator”
This quote of Leslie Knope is great because it’s all about fearlessness. Visionaries are the ones who can see things before everyone else. Be confident and maybe sometimes be just a little overconfident, in your skills, choices, wardrobe,food choice (kidding!), etc. But really though, Go out there and be as fearless as the King of the Jungle
#11. “You have all the strengths”
Be confident in your skills. Don’t ever think that you’re not up to the task at hand because you’re more than enough.
There will be times when you feel like you don’t have what it takes. It could be because of the opinions of others, or even because it’s just one of those days. Always remember, ‘You are more than capable, you have what it takes to get the job done!’
#12. “I need a good plan though. I don’t want to cause a panic.”
As a leader, it’s necessary to avoid panic in severe cases and situations. Leslie has the right idea, she strategizes before she acts. There is nothing better than a leader who knows how to avert crisis amongst the masses.
#13. “The raccoon problem is under control. They have their part of town and we have ours.”
This is another Leslie Knope quotes on leadership and service..
Sometimes, a little space is all humans and creatures of any sort need to get along in harmony. Not everyone is bound to get along so respecting the boundaries of others is quite essential. Down, the line though maybe a real treaty might be necessary, but for now, highlight boundaries! Remember though, conflict is only natural when two different opinionated people meet.
Also read: 80 Powerful Florence Nightingale Quotes About Nursing & Life (2021)
#14. “I mean that’s why people respect Hilary Clinton so much because nobody takes a punch like her. She’s the strongest, smartest punching bag in the world”
It’s quite common for politicians to take verbal beat downs, be it from their adversaries or even from the people.
However, if you can take the punches and still come out stronger, it seems to gain you respect. The same thing applies as a leader; you just have to roll with the punches.
Never put too much emphasis on the negative things people say (unless they are actual concerns that need fixing). Focus solely on the positive and also on how to move forward.
#15. “We’re a nation of dreamers and it is my dream to build a park that I one day visit with my White House staff on my birthday. And they say, ‘President Knope, this park is awesome. Now we understand why you are the first female President of the United States.”
As much as Leslie loved Hilary Clinton, she never let that stand in the way of her vision of becoming the first female President in the United States. You can admire your ‘heros’ but when push comes to shove, never let anyone stand in the way of your dreams.
For example, Jeff Bezos most definitely did not discourage Elon Musk from becoming the world’s richest man. So, do not let someone you look up to deter you from attaining your ultimate goal.
Most of these quotes may look a little funny and sound funny too, but if you think about it, they are quite relatable. Leslie Knope was quirky and fun-loving but she was also smart, ambitious, and bold.
So, in whatever you want to do, be the Leslie Knope of it. Learn about these Motivating Leslie Knope Quotes On Leadership & Service.
- GovLoop – 5 Quotes from Leslie Knope that can teach us about working in Government
- TopTenz – Top 10 optimisitic Quotes from Leslie Knope
- BusinessNewsDaily – 7 Inspiring Leslie Knope quotes that Leaders should live by
Chidinma Kalu is a finance and investment advisor at the Wealth Circle who is ever ready to guide you with tips to lead a better financial life. Combining her financial knowledge with her exceptional writing skills, She is dedicated to helping readers understand financial principles and topics through digital content. Chidinma holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting.
- Netgear ax1800 vs ax3000
- Mobile patrol app for android
- Mercedes benz alternator
- Humboldt ks weather
- Word nut level 82
7 Inspiring Leslie Knope Quotes Leaders Should Live By
"Parks and Recreation" fans know the phrase, "be the Leslie Knope of whatever you do," and the sentiment is true. Knope, the Pawnee, Indiana, politician played by Amy Poehler, is an inspiration to anyone in any field, thanks to her sunny disposition and strong work ethic.
The self-described "yellow-haired female who likes waffles and news" is known for being somewhat naïve and stubborn, and often overly enthusiastic, but she makes a great leader. As a strong, ambitious woman in a town where people don't always believe in her, Leslie Knope sticks to her convictions and doesn't let anything stand in the way of getting her job done and helping her constituents. She knows how to motivate a crowd, is constantly supporting and empowering her friends and loved ones, and never gives up on her dreams and goals.
Knope may be a little goofy at times, but she can still teach you a thing or two about being successful. Here are seven helpful, hilarious and inspiring Leslie Knope quotes every leader should live by.
Own your confidence
"I am big enough to admit that I am often inspired by myself."(Season 5, Episode 3)
No matter what you do, as a leader you need to have confidence in yourself and your work. Yes, humility is a good quality, but when you do a great job on a certain project or you handle a tough situation well, it's important to be proud of yourself. Leslie knew that she had every right to be as proud of her own accomplishments as she was of the people she looked up to, and you should be, too.
Accept that not everyone will like you
"One person's annoying is another's inspiring and heroic."(Season 6, Episode 5)
This is a great reminder that you're only human and you can't please everyone, so you have to be willing to accept that. Take it from Knope — it's likely that for every person who thinks you're not good at your job, there are more people who respect you and look up to you. Don't let one person's opinion get you down. [7 Fictional TV Bosses We Wish Were Real ]
Look for the good in others
"What I hear when I'm being yelled at is people caring loudly at me."(Season 1, Episode 1)
Leslie's eternal optimism was always one of her character's best assets. No matter what was happening, she knew how to see the good in a bad situation, and how to find a solution. More specifically, if you're ever being yelled at or dealing with a frustrated employee, don't take it personally. Instead, try to pinpoint what really matters to that person and look for a way to solve the problem.
Learn how to prioritize
"We need to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, work. Or waffles, friends, work. Doesn't matter, but work is third."(Season 3, Episode 13)
OK, so maybe waffles shouldn't come before your job or your friends (although, that's debatable). But in a way, Leslie was still right — being able to prioritize what matters to you as well as acknowledge that work shouldn't always be the number one thing in your life is important. Even when you're the boss, not everything has to be about your job.
Take time for self-care
"Hey, Leslie. It's Leslie. Hang in there. I love you. Bye."(Season 2, Episode 22)
When things get stressful in the office, it's easy to get so wrapped up in your work that you forget to take time out for your physical and mental health. When Leslie was overwhelmed working the Pawnee Cares telethon for 24 hours and things started going wrong, she left herself this phone message. It may seem a little silly, but it's also an important reminder to take time out to make sure you're OK when things get tough.
Know when to ask for help
"I need you to text me every 30 seconds that everything is going to be OK."(Season 4, Episode 9)
Even when you're in charge, it's not always possible to handle everything on your own. Sometimes, you need a friend or colleague to give you support, or you need to ask employees to help you come up with a solution or complete a task, and that's OK. You probably shouldn't ask your best friend to check in on you every 30 seconds when you're stressed out, but the point is, Leslie wasn't afraid to ask for help. And if you're feeling that overwhelmed, you should be able to do so, too.
Make boring things fun
"Organizing my agenda. Wait, that doesn't sound fun … jammin' on my planner!" (Season 3, Episode 10)
Technically, Leslie doesn't find things like organizing her agenda boring — rather, she loves it so much she named it as one of her hobbies while her best friend Ann tried to help her set up a dating profile. But Leslie quickly found a way to make it sound more fun and appealing to others, and that's a talent all leaders can benefit from. Not every task you have to complete will be fun or interesting, but if you can find a way to spice things up even a little bit, it might just make you a better boss.
Nothing like the holidays to make you lose focus. Between family and friend get-togethers, cooking mass amounts of food, baking too many sweets, drinking too much (let's be real here) and holiday shopping - and meanwhile it's dark outside all the time while you're doing all of these things - it's easy to feel overwhelmed and to lose motivation in other areas of your life, whether it's at work and/or your side hustle. This is the time when it's important to rely (heavily) on your planner and to maybe look up a motivational quote or two. And who could be more motivational than Parks and Rec's, Leslie Knope? Nobody. That's who.
1. "Go find your team. Get to work. Whatever that work is that you find worth doing. Do it, and find some people to love who'll do it with you."
2. "What I hear when I'm being yelled at is people caring really loudly at me."
3. "I am a Goddess. A glorious female warrior."
5. "You go big or you go home."
6. "Hey Leslie. It's Leslie. Hang in there. I love you. Bye."
7. "Hobbies? Organizing my agenda. Wait. That doesn't sound fun. Jammin' on my planner!"
8. "Winning is every girl's dream."
9. “There’s nothing we can’t do if we work hard, never sleep, and shirk all other responsibilities in our lives.”
10. "I'm ready."
PS: If you haven't see Parks and Rec yet please go binge watch all of it on Netflix. This is the only legitimate excuse for not getting anything done. (I'm joking - kind of).
GIFs from parksandrecquotes, tvcriticism2014, headoverfeels. All images are owned by NBC.
Knope inspirational quotes leslie
Quiet. And the kindergarten is empty, there are still no teachers there, no children, only the watchman sits on the steps, chewing a cigarette with gusto, muttering something. And the early bird says the watchman trampling the bull into the grass.Leslie Has The Flu - Parks and Recreation
But he, apparently deciding that I felt bad, came close to me and carefully, but somehow he looked embarrassed right into my face. After his words, I came to life, returning to reality, although this invisible, but to the limit, perceptible force seethed around me. And throughout my body.
You will also be interested:
- Billie eilish keyboard letters
- Juan 19:19
- 2017 macbook pro
- Asu concurrent degree
- Blonde pop singer
- Craigslist md housing
- Grays florist hamilton ohio
- Certify benefits nj
- White elegant background
", Zhenya ordered him, pointing to the rubber tank filled with water. Gena did as he was told, the girl then took a spoon from his hands and began to interfere with the water in the mug. Clean water enema may not have the desired effect, "she explained to Gene.Yes, I know," the boy replied with an important look, by the way, when Olya's mother was preparing an enema for her, she also added vegetable oil in water ".