Genesee County Sheriff has not ruled out bid for Michigan Governor as a Democrat
Genesee County Sheriff has not ruled out democratic run for Michigan Gov.
Could Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer have a Democratic challenger? The sheriff in Genesee has not yet ruled it out.
LANSING, Mich. (FOX 2) - In 2022, Michigan will hold a gubernatorial election and it's been long assumed that Governor Gretchen Whitmer would not have a Democratic opponent. But the Genesee County Sheriff says he's not ruled it out yet.
Sheriff Chris Swanson made national headlines last May when, in the wake of the George Floyd murder, he pitched his riot gear and joined the Black Lives Matter demonstrators in Flint.
The sheriff also made statewide headlines when he refused to enforce Whitmer's lockdown of the entire state. He told the residents that he applauded the governor's directive to protect the community but he would not be arresting anyone for violating the executive order.
After 27 years in the sheriff's department, the 47-year-old now making more political news by refusing to take himself out of a possible bid for governor. If he were to get in, it would be unprecedented for a candidate from the same party to challenge a sitting governor.
Garret Soldano leading Republican candidates for Michigan governor in fundraising
He said he gets asked that question regularly and calls it flattering. But is he running?
"I haven't made any decision," he said.
That statement implies he has a decision to make. So has he not ruled out a run for governor? He said "it would be fair" to say that.
With $10 million in her re-election coffers, the governor would be tough to beat in a primary - to say the least.
Pollster Bernie Porn with EPIC-MRA said it may not make sense for Swanson to challenge Whitmer.
"Why would he do such a thing when the governor has a 90% favorability rating among Democrats?" he said.
Ex-Chief James Craig forms exploratory committee for Michigan gubernatorial run
If there was a democratic challenger, the governor would have to spend money to win leaving her fewer dollars for the campaign against a GOP opponent.
Even worse for the governor, the state GOP party chair and others could allege the governor is so weak even a fellow democrat is thinking about taking her on.
"That's always a problem. Anytime a governor has an opponent from their own party that would be a problem and Democrats will probably have some heart-to-heart discussions with the sheriff and probably discourage him from doing so," Porn said.
Considering the run could land him in bad favor with Michigan Democrats.
Genesee County Sheriffs Office / Genesee County Jail
Popularity:#20 of 106 Sheriff Departments in Michigan#1,395 in Sheriff Departments
Genesee County Sheriffs Office / Genesee County Jail Contact Information
Address and Phone Number for Genesee County Sheriffs Office / Genesee County Jail, a Sheriff Department, at Saginaw Street, Flint MI.
- Genesee County Sheriffs Office / Genesee County Jail
- 1002 Saginaw Street
Flint, Michigan, 48502
Genesee County Sheriffs Office / Genesee County Jail Details
- Full Time Sworn Officers
- Full Time Civilians
- Part Time Civilians
Map of Genesee County Sheriffs Office / Genesee County Jail
View map of Genesee County Sheriffs Office / Genesee County Jail, and get driving directions from your location .
Related Public Records Searches
Find Arrest Records, Inmate Records, and Warrants related to Genesee County Sheriffs Office / Genesee County Jail.
Sheriff Departments Nearby
Find 6 Sheriff Departments within 31.4 miles of Genesee County Sheriffs Office / Genesee County Jail.
Find 7 external resources related to Genesee County Sheriffs Office / Genesee County Jail.
About the Genesee County Sheriffs Office / Genesee County Jail
The Genesee County Sheriffs Office / Genesee County Jail, located in Flint, Michigan, is a law enforcement agency that promotes public safety in Genesee County through public policing and the management of county jails and inmates. The Sheriff's Office is responsible for patrolling any unincorporated areas of the county or areas not covered by the municipal Police force as well as enforcing legal judgments such as foreclosures, repossessions, and tax delinquencies.You may contact the Sherriff's Office for questions about:
- Who is in Jail
- Visiting and contacting Genesee County inmates
- County jail records and mug shots
- Public safety and criminal activity
- Sheriff's Office sales & auctions
- Genesee County law enforcement
Sheriff Departments near Flint
Christopher R. Swanson
Sheriff of Genesee County, Michigan
For the co-founder of Secretly Group, see Chris Swanson.
Christopher R. Swanson is an American law enforcement officer from the state of Michigan. Swanson is the Sheriff of Genesee County, which contains the city of Flint. In this role, Swanson leads 269 officers, the tenth largest police force in Michigan.
Swanson was born in Medina, Ohio, and is an alumnus of the University of Michigan, where he received both his bachelor's degree and master's degree.
In addition to being a law enforcement officer, Swanson is also a licensed paramedic; the Office of Genesee County Sheriff is one of the only agencies in the State of Michigan with dual police officer/paramedics assigned to road patrol.
Swanson is a three-time author, including a recent children's book that highlights memories from his own childhood. In addition, Swanson has authored Tinman to Ironman  and Blood, Guts, and Things That Drive You Nuts. 
In 2014, while serving as the Genesee County Undersheriff, Swanson and fellow officers delivered water to the citizens of Flint during the Flint water crisis.
On January 5, 2020, the longtime Sheriff of Genesee County, Robert J. Pickell, retired. Swanson, Undersheriff at the time, was appointed Sheriff. Swanson was sworn in as sheriff on December 23, 2019.
As Sheriff, Swanson has received national attention for a number of initiatives focused on serving the community and protecting the vulnerable.
George Floyd Protests
On May 30, 2020, during the George Floyd protests in Flint, Swanson received national attention when he removed his riot gear and marched with the protesters.
Genesee Human Oppression Strike Team (GHOST)
Swanson founded the Genesee Human Oppression Strike Team (GHOST) in 2018, which is a specialized unit of officers from the Office of Genesee County Sheriff who combat crimes of human trafficking and drug offenses throughout southeast Michigan. Since inception in 2018, GHOST has arrested more than 70 individuals for crimes of trafficking, criminal sexual conduct, drugs offenses and other related offenses.
Inmate Growth Naturally and Intentionally Through Education (IGNITE)
Upon taking office, Swanson instituted IGNITE in the Genesee County Jail, in an effort to turn a long term vision of criminal justice reform into reality. IGNITE has turned the Genesee County Jail into an educational facility where inmates go to school five days per week - two hours per day. In 2021, Swanson was featured in the USA Today for his opinion piece on educational reform and IGNITE.
Elder Abuse Task Force
Swanson also oversees the Elder Abuse Task Force, which was started by his predecessor Sheriff Robert J. Pickell in 2008. The Elder Abuse Task Force has investigated hundreds of crimes in Genesee County and placed those who have taken advantage of a vulnerable population behind bars.
Swanson comfortably won election to a full term as sheriff. He defeated former Flint Police Chief Phil Hart in the Democratic primary in August, and defeated the Republican candidate, U.S. Army veteran Stephen Sanford, in the general election, receiving 65% of the vote.
- ^ abAcosta, Roberto (2020-11-04). "Swanson wins race for Genesee County sheriff". Michigan Live. Retrieved 2020-11-12.
- ^"PARAMEDIC DIVISION". Office of Sheriff. Retrieved 2020-11-19.
- ^"The Majik Gopher : Christopher R Swanson : 9781947939820". www.bookdepository.com. Retrieved 2020-11-19.
- ^Swanson, Christopher (2014). Tinman to Ironman: 26.2 Proven Ways to Crush Your Failures and Transform Your Life Today!. ISBN .
- ^"Blood, Guts and Things that Drive You Nuts".
- ^Carmody, Steve (January 7, 2016). "Genesee Co. reserve sheriff's deputies handing out water filters in Flint". Michigan Radio. Retrieved 2020-11-12.
- ^Croft, Jay (May 31, 2020). "Michigan sheriff joins demonstrators in 'parade'". CNN. Retrieved 2020-11-12.
- ^McCrary, Markie Heideman, Rachel. "Chris Swanson named interim sheriff of Genesee County". WNEM Saginaw. Retrieved 2020-11-13.
- ^Acosta, Roberto (2019-10-23). "Genesee County sheriff to step down after 20 years in office". Michigan Live. Retrieved 2020-11-13.
- ^Spelbring, Meredith (May 31, 2020). "'Let's walk': Genesee County Sheriff removes riot gear, joins protesters in march". Detroit Free Press. Retrieved 2020-11-12.
- ^Kaplan, Talia (2020-06-01). "Michigan sheriff goes viral for walking with protesters: We have to start dialogue and make change". Fox News. Retrieved 2020-11-12.
- ^Padilla, Mariel (2020-06-01). "Michigan Sheriff Took Off His Helmet and Marched With Protesters". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2020-11-12.
- ^"G.H.O.S.T. has arrested 17 alleged child sex predators since March". nbc25news.com. Retrieved 2020-11-19.
- ^"Sheriff arrests 17 alleged child predators in ongoing sting. What happened is horrifying. (op-ed)". Law Enforcement Today. 2020-09-02. Retrieved 2020-11-19.
- ^"'I've got a second chance at life': Genesee County celebrates IGNITE graduation of three inmates". mlive. 2021-04-07. Retrieved 2021-05-25.
- ^Swanson, Chris. "Jailhouse and schoolhouse: Education that gave me direction is doing the same for my inmates". USA TODAY. Retrieved 2021-05-25.
- ^Acosta, Roberto (2020-07-01). "2 charged with murder in Flint elder abuse case". mlive. Retrieved 2020-11-19.
- ^"Sheriff: Elder abuse leaves 55-pound woman dead in Genesee County". News Break. Retrieved 2020-11-19.
165 Park Road
Batavia, New York 14020-1283
Business Office: (585) 345-3000
Dispatch Center: (585) 343-5000
Jail: (585) 343-0838
Email: [email protected]
Fax Number: (585) 343-9129
Pistol/Revolver License Recertification:
Use this link, Online Recertification, to recertify online, access
frequently asked questions and to check the status of your recertification.
The Genesee County Sheriff's Office is
responsible for the following services:
Community Services / Victim Assistance
County sheriff genesee
She put Seryozha on a pot, and together with Katya they ran to wash. Seryozha heard water pouring in the bathroom. Then my mother came back, picked it up, took the pot and left with it.Get to know Genesee County Sheriff Swanson
Wondered. Well, I don't know, I'll take mine off soon when I start to fuck. And you have to jerk off with your hand," answered the older brother. Is that so.
- Prinsu roof rack
- Adding fractions coloring worksheet
- Pearland veterinary clinic
- Checkers davenport ia
- Calories in tomato salad
- Mac basketball standings
- Heavy metal font dafont
- Samsung phone prices verizon
- Honda huntington beach
- Rush guitar tabs
- Portland craigslist free
Ira and I went with these fat shopmen, so what. They didnt give me money, although they didnt have enough food and drink, but they didnt finish once in two days. What kind of life. So you guys have to help me, my friend, in panties, everything is already on fire.