The main “pure play” asset management firms are mutual funds – firms that collect money from the public and invest it into specific pooled investments.
Mutual funds tend to be much more stable from a personnel standpoint. There’s far less entry-level recruiting than, say, hedge funds, and there’s lower turnover – especially at the top levels.
AM firms seek the following qualities in candidates:
- Passion for the markets and investing
- Ability and willingness to be a team player.
- Work experience in a related field, such as equity research or smaller mutual funds.
- Ability to generate new investment ideas.
- Risk management and staying calm under pressure.
Grades and university/MBA quality matter, and, unlike in Investment Banking or Private Equity, a CFA designation may help.
As a student, you can boost your chances of breaking in with internships, participation in investment clubs, and networking, networking, and more networking.
The Asset Management Firm Recruiting Process
The recruiting process is typical of other roles in finance:
- Apply online or do a lot of networking
- Take an initial phone or HireVue interview
- Do a series of in-person or video interviews
For more detail, refer to our article on asset management internships.
Working at Lazard Asset Management
Innovate and Excel
Our people are our most valuable resource. We are a group of more than 750 individuals across 13 countries who seek to excel at what we do. We are intellectually curious and collaborative, and we thrive on challenges.
Develop and Grow
Our entrepreneurial culture provides opportunities for advancement and we reward strong performance. We nurture our talent and work to foster the professional and personal development of our employees.
Our fast paced, hands on internship program will provide firsthand experience in the investment world, with a blend of practical and theoretical knowledge. You will be mentored by leading investment and sales professionals within the industry at a growing firm with a strong global presence.
Our culture encourages and rewards intellectual rigor, decisiveness and conviction. We seek undergraduate students who have a strong record of academic achievement and a demonstrated interest in financial markets. Start you journey with us here: https://www.lazard.com/careers/students/our-opportunities/asset-management-internships
We are a global firm with a close-knit, diverse community. We emphasize inclusivity, and the composition of our firm speaks to this. We also value the health and wellbeing of our employees and our surrounding communities. From our senior leadership to our newest employees and interns, we give back through volunteer work.
- Our employee resource groups, including the Lazard Women's Leadership Network and LEAD initiative (Learn, Engage, Achieve & Develop), focus on personal and professional development for employees at different stages of their career
- Our Work for Good program sponsors a number of local volunteer and charitable organizations that allow our employees opportunities to contribute their time and resources to those in need
- Our Work to Wellness program focuses on building a healthy workplace by offering activities and resources that address all aspects of fitness
- Lazard is a member of the 30% Club, an organization committed to increasing women representation on corporate boards and advancing women’s leadership in organizations
- Our undergraduate internship program provides a competitive and engaging experience for college students, with the potential for long-term opportunities with the firm
Start your journey with us here.
For Experienced Professionals
Blockchain.com is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
Reporting to the Head of Sales you will focus on the marketing, sales and product distribution for the division. This will involve developing sales strategies, establishing and growing client relationships and ultimately raising assets from a diverse network of investors.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Execute sales and product distribution strategies designed to maximize asset inflows
- Create marketing content and sales collateral
- Seek out new leads and sales opportunities across multiple channels and networks
- Maintain and grow existing relationships
- Contribute to continued product development with client feedback and idea generation
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- The foremost quality for this position or any position at Blockchain.com is integrity.
- 4 years+ of experience in sales and fundraising in financial markets
- Established track record and strong and relevant network
- A passion for crypto markets
- Exceptional communication skills and commercial acumen
- A self-starter attitude, growth mindset and entrepreneurial spirit
COMPENSATION & PERKS
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
- Unlimited books policy; order the technical resources you need or simply pick something up from our company library.
- Apple equipment.
- Full-time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company.
- Favorite GIF.
- LinkedIn profile.
- Link to Github, StackOverflow, personal website and/or blog (if applicable).
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by one or more of the following subsidiaries of Blockchain Luxembourg S.A (each, a “Controller”):
- Blockchain Access UK Ltd.
- Blockchain (GB) Limited
- Blockchain (US), Inc.
- Blockchain (LT), UAB
You may contact our Data Protection Officer by email at [email protected] Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under the standard contractual clauses.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have the right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.
Are you passionate about developing and growing a business? Do you bring along excellent investment knowledge, an existing network of contacts and enjoy working in a fast-pace environment? We are looking for a highly driven individual to grow our UK fiduciary management business; strengthen our presence in this market and develop a book of business working closely with our Fiduciary Management investment team and the Third Party Evaluators in conjunction with our Consultant Relations team.
Goldman Sachs Asset Management delivers innovative investment solutions through a global, multi-product platform offering clients the advantages of working with a large firm, while maintaining the benefits of a boutique. The UK Institutional team works closely with all types of institutional investors including pension funds, insurance companies, foundations and official institutions.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Build and maintain deep relationships with UK pension funds in order to develop new Fiduciary Management clients by being a trusted advisor.
- Build and maintain deep relationships with independent trustees, as well as Third Party Evaluators in conjunction with our Consultant Relations team.
- Participate in and contribute to the RFP and pitch process.
- Represent our Fiduciary Management business to the UK pension funds market at conferences and events.
- Develop a business strategy including GS Fiduciary Management events and mailings.
- Partner with the Multi-Asset Solutions investment team to tailor and customise the proposition for UK clients.
- Work closely with a Client Relationship Manager to ensure our clients our serviced to the highest standards.
- Develop a strong network across the various GSAM teams, including portfolio management and strategists for knowledge sharing and product development.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Strong preference for a minimum of 5-10 years of experience in a client-facing sales role at an asset manager or consultant.
- Proven sales track record ideally in UK Fiduciary Management.
- Excellent commercial skills.
- Strong understanding of financial markets, financial products and relevant local pension & regulation.
- High level of drive & motivation, strong work ethics.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, team player.
- Excellent communication skills.
Jobs sales asset management
This job has expired, please see additional jobs below
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in asset and wealth management services. The Asset Management line of business serves institutional, ultra high net worth, high net worth and retail clients through its Global Investment Management and Global Wealth Management businesses. With client assets of $2.4 trillion and assets under management of $1.7 trillion, we are one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world. (Assets as of December 31, 2015) Global Business Principle Throughout our long and distinguished history, we have been steadfastly committed to putting our clients' interests first. This fiduciary responsibility defines our relationship with clients and informs the basis of every decision we make on their behalf. This core principle is the foundation of our business as we work to understand our clients' needs, offer informed advice and execute strategies to generate excess returns and provide world-class client solutions. Global Investment Management J.P. Morgan Asset Management (Investment Management) is a leading investment manager of choice for institutions, financial intermediaries and individual investors, worldwide. With a heritage of more than two centuries, a broad range of core and alternative strategies, and investment professionals operating in every major world market, we offer investment experience and insight that few other firms can match. • Clear focus on managing client assets and delivering strong risk-adjusted returns • Nearly 1,300 investment professionals providing strategies spanning the full spectrum of asset classes, including equity, fixed income, cash liquidity, currency, real estate, hedge funds and private equity • Leadership positions in the U.S., U.K., Continental Europe, Asia, and Japan J.P. Morgan Asset Management is the marketing name for the investment management businesses of JPMorgan Chase & Co. and its affiliates worldwide. Role: Sales Support Executive – Spain & Portugal Department:Sales Location: Madrid Functional reporting to:Head of Sales Spain & Portugal Local reporting to:Head of Sales Spain& Portugal Job Description To provide comprehensive support to the Sales team, ensuring timely and effective coordination of all activities, enabling the Sales team to be “on the road” at all times with all relevant tools and information at their disposal, and with the most updated product presentations. This includes: • Assist the Sales team in preparing client calling programs, sales events. • Assist the Sales team in preparing sales presentation booklets for client meetings and presentations. • Assist Sales in preparing the necessary product materials. • Assist the Sales team in maintaining prospect and client databases (CRM tool) and in updating client presentations; ensure that critical client information is stored in client databases to provide access to key data. • Send information materials to clients as required: research, valuations, reports, circulars, etc. • Maintain access to/databases on product information. • Monitor and prepare statistics on sales figures for reporting purposes. • Prepare product comparisons with the Morning star Direct application. • Coordinate with the central ‘Request For Proposal’ (RFP) team in London for the correct and timely responses to client RFPs. • Source and prepare responses for clients’ ad-hoc questions or reporting requests. • Prepare TONCs for new relationships and for the update of the details of existing clients. • Coordinate with the Sales Assistant the maintenance of the mailing lists. • Work closely with Client Services in the operational aspects of the clients’ relationships. • In addition in carrying out responsibilities and duties, the job holder ensures effective compliance and controls in own area and shows a positive attitude towards compliance and controls. Qualifications Business skills required • Good financial markets knowledge • Understanding of the Asset Management marketplace in the region and the local business culture • Client focus • Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook Personal skills required • Confidence • Ability to work and interface with senior people • Good communication skills • Strong team player and ability to work in a matrix organisation • Logical and organised • Ability to meet deadlines • Fluent in Spanish and English • Capacity to grow into a Sales Executive role JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Institutional Asset Management Sales jobs
Upload your resume - Let employers find you
Sort by: relevance - date
Page 1 of 3,283 jobs
newInstitutional Relationship Management
Institutional Client Analyst - Boutique Asset Manager
Mid-Large Asset Manager
Nashville, TN 37205+1 location•Temporarily Remote
Institutional Client Investor Analyst - Boutique Asset Manag...
Mid-Large Asset Manager
New York, NY 10018 •Temporarily Remote
Be the first to see new Institutional Asset Management Sales jobs
By creating a job alert, you agree to our Terms. You can change your consent settings at any time by unsubscribing or as detailed in our terms.
- Disney christmas svg
- Triptico rosario para difuntos
- Nasdaq: vglt
- 70 ceiling fans
- Kulve taroth weakness
- Silver wall decor bedroom
- Water horse names
- Free roblox printables
- Ikea bekant weight limit
- Shark navigator instructions
- Gold making shadowlands
- Hancock county auditor map
- Irwin marine laconia
Our aspiration is for our workforce to continually reflect the diversity of people and perspectives in today’s evolving society, which we believe is fundamental to our efforts to help our clients and employees get more out of life. Invesco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity for all job applicants and employees. No job applicant or employee will be discriminated against because of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, sexual/gender identity, age, disability, pregnancy, national origin, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Invesco, please contact us at [email protected] Please include the location and title of the job opening.
Invesco is aware of the existence of fraudulent schemes where individuals represent themselves as recruiters and solicit candidates for employment via email or text message. These candidates may be asked to provide copies of personal identification and payment in order to process their application. These communications are fraudulent and do not originate from Invesco. Invesco does not ask for payment at any time during our employment process. We recommend that you do not disclose your personal or financial information to anyone you do not know. Click here to learn more about this.