grab meaning in tamil
அகராதி Tamil Meaning
grab meaning in tamil is திடிரெனப் பிடி
grab meaning in tamil with example
grab tamil meaning and more example for grab will be given in tamil.
In the past thirdworld poverty did occasionally grab attention but only when framed as an appeal to respond to a humanitarian crisis. The ubiquitous darshini which is an order get token grab your tray and stand and eat kind of place is Udupi gone the fast food way. In the process Anup did make a few unforced errors allowing Joy to grab some bonus points and cut the deficit to Not to be left out completely Srichaphan did come up with a shot or two but it seemed to stem more out of frustration and irritation than a need to grab a point. Keen to grab the attention of the selectors cricketers are giving their best shot and leading the pack are players like P. K. Archana Senapati Cuttack Of late politicians have been making wild allegations against opponents to grab the media limelight or divert public attention from the core issues. It is amply clear a political drama is being enacted to keep something afloat and grab the headlines. Bengal while looking to draw the game will not lose an opportunity to grab full points depending on the condition of the pitch and the target it might face. Under pressure from the US and other advanced countries an attempt is being made to increase the FDI limit so as to enable foreign multinationals to grab the Indian insurance market ICEU general secretary B.B. Ganesh told reporters on Wednesday. No effective measures are being conceived to grab the tax dodgers and curb the parallel economy the association leaders told a press conference here on Thursday.
verb (used with object),grabbed,grab·bing.
to seize suddenly or quickly; snatch; clutch: He grabbed me by the collar.
to take illegal possession of; seize forcibly or unscrupulously: to grab land.
to obtain and consume quickly: Let's grab a sandwich before going to the movie.
- to cause a reaction in; affect: How does my idea grab you?
- to arouse the interest or excitement of: The book was O.K., but it just didn't grab me.
verb (used without object),grabbed,grab·bing.
to make a grasping or clutching motion (usually followed by at): He grabbed frantically at the life preserver.
(of brakes, a clutch, etc.) to take hold suddenly or with a jolting motion; bind.
a sudden, quick grasp or snatch: to make a grab at something.
seizure or acquisition by violent or unscrupulous means.
something that is grabbed.
a mechanical device for gripping objects.
the capacity to hold or adhere: The glue was so old it had lost its grab.
ARE YOU A TRUE BLUE CHAMPION OF THESE "BLUE" SYNONYMS?
We could talk until we're blue in the face about this quiz on words for the color "blue," but we think you should take the quiz and find out if you're a whiz at these colorful terms.
Question 1 of 8
Which of the following words describes “sky blue”?
Idioms about grab
up for grabs, Informal. available to anyone willing to expend the energy to get it: The Republican nomination for mayor was up for grabs.
Origin of grab1
–90; cognate with Middle Dutch, Middle Low German grabben,Swedish grabba
OTHER WORDS FROM grabgrab·ba·ble,adjectiveun·grab·bing,adjective
Other definitions for grab (2 of 2)
a ship having two or three masts with a square rig, common on the Malabar Coast in the 18th and 19th centuries.
Origin of grab2
First recorded in –80, grab is from the Arabic word ghurāb literally, raven
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc.
Words related to grab
grip, capture, seize, clutch, snag, grasp, take, catch, snatch, nab, land, pluck, corral, nail, hook, grapple, collar, glom, snap up, get one's hands on
How to use grab in a sentence
Only 16 percent of Hmong Americans reported contact by a political party in , and according to sociologist Yang Sao Xiong, the Hmong American vote is “up for grabs” in
The history of Hmong Americans explains why they might decide the election|Melissa Borja|October 29, |Washington Post
In an act of corporal punishment that we at the Daily Beast do not condone, Joseph grabbed Him by the ear and “pulled hard.”
Was Baby Jesus A Holy Terror?|Candida Moss|December 21, |DAILY BEAST
The victim, whom The Daily Beast is not naming, asked what Williams wanted and the pastor allegedly “reached in and grabbed him.”
Exposed: The Gay-Bashing Pastor’s Same-Sex Assault|M.L. Nestel|December 21, |DAILY BEAST
She reassumed slave posture while Couple grabbed two magnetized clamps and a collection of circular magnets from a nearby shelf.
Dungeons and Genital Clamps: Inside a Legendary BDSM Chateau|Ian Frisch|December 20, |DAILY BEAST
I was bored, but I grabbed a red Solo cup, filled it with beer, and stayed with my group, chatting with the brothers about Jim.
I Was Gang Raped at a UVA Frat 30 Years Ago, and No One Did Anything|Liz Seccuro|December 16, |DAILY BEAST
He was slapped, grabbed in the face, placed in stress positions, placed in standing sleep deprivation, and doused with water.
Inside the CIA’s Sadistic Dungeon|Tim Mak|December 9, |DAILY BEAST
He wasted no time on questions, just grabbed his friends and disappeared before the crowd came out.
Fee of the Frontier|Horace Brown Fyfe
She made so much noise that Lance grabbed at her and tried to put her out of the room, Topsy still barking furiously.
The Girls of Central High on the Stage|Gertrude W. Morrison
I grabbed hold of the vise-locking screw to keep my knees from doubling under me.
Nine Men in Time|Noel Miller Loomis
Before he could do anything with it, Clip grabbed it out of his hand, leveled it after the receding form, and pulled the trigger.
Motor Matt's "Century" Run|Stanley R. Matthews
But he had no time for sentiment; he grabbed the reef-earring with his left hand, and clutched at the man with his right.
The Chequers|James Runciman
British Dictionary definitions for grab
to seize hold of (something)
(tr)to seize illegally or unscrupulously
(tr)to arrest; catch
(intr)(of a brake or clutch in a vehicle) to grip and release intermittently causing juddering
(tr)informalto catch the attention or interest of; impress
the act or an instance of grabbing
a mechanical device for gripping objects, esp the hinged jaws of a mechanical excavator
something that is grabbed
up for grabsinformalavailable to be bought, claimed, or won
Derived forms of grabgrabber, noun
Word Origin for grab
C probably from Middle Low German or Middle Dutch grabben; related to Swedish grabba, Sanskrit grbhnāti he seizes
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. , © HarperCollins Publishers , , , , , , ,
Other Idioms and Phrases with grab
In addition to the idiom beginning with grab
- how does that grab you
- up for grabs
The American Heritage® Idioms Dictionary Copyright © , , by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company.
grabbing - Meaning in Tamil
Interpreted your input "grabbing" as "grab".
Word Forms / Inflectionsgrabber(adjective comparative)
grabbed(verb past tense)
grabbing(verb present participle)
grabs(verb present tense)
Definitions and Meaning of grab in English
- the act of catching an object with the hands
Synonyms : catch, snap, snatchExamples
- he made a grab for the ball before it landed
- Martin's snatch at the bridle failed and the horse raced away
- Mays made the catch with his back to the plate
- the infielder's snap and throw was a single motion
- a mechanical device for gripping an object
- capture the attention or imagination of
Synonyms : seizeExamples
- The movie seized my imagination
- This story will grab you
- take or grasp suddenly
- She grabbed the child's hand and ran out of the room
- take hold of so as to seize or restrain or stop the motion of
Synonyms : catch, take hold ofExamples
- Catch the ball!
- Grab the elevator door!
- make a grasping or snatching motion with the hand
- The passenger grabbed for the oxygen mask
- get hold of or seize quickly and easily
Synonyms : snaffle, snap upExample
- I snapped up all the good buys during the garage sale
- obtain illegally or unscrupulously
- Grab power
Synonyms of grab
catch, snap, snatch, seize, take hold of, snaffle, snap up
More matches for grab
English to Tamil Meaning :: grab
(1) they used the law to effect a land grab(2) Many companies want to make a quick grab for market share or return on investment, and with high prices both objectives can be harder to achieve.(3) Wall-mounted units can break away when subjected to the patient's weight unless they are reinforced with grab bars.(4) The pretty young things want to grab all the attention and those on the older side are in their own world.(5) Vermonter Howard Dean's grab for the redneck vote has won him just the kind of support he doesn't want: white supremacists.(6) With very few exceptions, all trains of this type have bench seating and large numbers of grab handles.(7) The new rates grab may yet sharpen ratepayer focus on the performance of the council even more.(8) As soon as I put weight on my feet I lost my balance and fell, only a quick grab for the headboard of my bed saved me from crashing to the floor.(9) Hubbard and Hucker's rates grab is in fact a family budget buster, as homeowners will struggle to pay the extra money to pay for the spending increases.(10) We headed over to the snack bar to return my bowling shoes and grab lunch before his mother arrived to pick us up.(11) I stepped onto the table to help me grab everyone's attention.(12) On rough terrain, no fewer than eight grab handles are available to help passengers steady themselves.(13) If the cylinder is mounted too far below the grab bar, or too far from the toilet, reaching it can be difficult, even hazardous.(14) I made a quick grab for her and pulled her down to the bed with me.(15) Donovan made a grab for his brother and lifted hist shirt to reveal the tell-tale marking.(16) for elderly people, grab rails at strategic places are likely to prevent accidents
In grabbing tamil meaning
Grabbing Meaning in Tamil
Verb - A verb is a word that expresses an action or a state of being.
Adverb - An adverb describes how the action is performed. They tell how much, how often, when and where something is done.
Noun - A noun is a person, place, thing, or idea. Nouns are the subject of a sentence.
Common Noun - A noun that does not name a specific person, place or thing.
Proper Noun - The pronoun is a word used in place of one or more nouns. It may stand for a person, place, thing, or idea.
Adjective - An adjective is a word that describes a noun or pronoun. It tells what kind, how many, or which one.
Conjunction - A conjunction is a word that joins words or word groups together. Some examples conjunctions are: and, but, or, nor, although, yet, so, either, and also.
Preposition - A preposition is a word that shows position or, direction. Some examples are in, out, under, over, after, out, into, up, down, for, and between.
Homophones - Homophones are words that sound alike but they have different meanings and different spellings.
Homographs - Homographs are words that may or may not sound alike but have the same spelling but a different meaning.
Complex Sentence - A complex sentence is an independent clause joined by one or more dependent clauses.
Interjection - An interjection is a word that shows strong emotion. Such examples are Wow!, Ouch!, Hurray!, and Oh no!. Interjections can really liven up a sentence. They help to add voice to your writing.
grab meaning in tamil
Pronunciation of grab
grab in Images
grab Definitions and meaning in English
grab Sentences in English
- झपट्टा = swoop
He made a grab at the ball but missed.
- झपट पड़ना = attack, violently
When i gave him the chance he grabed it at once.
- खा जाना = eat
Let's grab a quick sandwitch before we go out.
- पकड़ना = hold
He grabbed my collar and pulled me to wards him.
- झपट लेना = snatch
He just grab the bag from my hand and ran off.
- झपटना = swoop
He grabbed at the boy but could not save him from falling.
- Reddit true dota 2
- Ultrasonic bat repellent amazon
- S10 prism blue
- Red game cube
- Lisd gradebook teams
- Diy quilted tote bags
- Salmo 23 1
- Airedale terrier rescue ct
"Very unusual" I put a hundred rubles under the ashtray, get up, I'm going to leave. Oh, what are you. It's not customary for us, it's a lot, why. "She rattled.