B2 us visa application

B2 us visa application DEFAULT

Important: Although some international travel is allowed by the UK government, U.S. travel restrictions remain in place for travel from the UK to the United States. Also, while we continue to provide emergency and mission-critical visa services, visa appointments remain extremely limited and routine visa services have not resumed. Please keep checking our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for the latest information about travel to the United States and visa services in the UK.

Applicants aged 14 &#; 79 are required to apply for a visa in person through a pre-arranged interview. Applicants under 14 or 80 and over may be eligible to apply by courier. Click here for further information.

If you are applying for a visa for the first time, or are applying to renew a visa, you are required to take the same two steps, but before going any further, watch our YouTube video for tips on applying. Find it here!

Step One: Complete the online DS and print the confirmation page for each person applying for a visa, regardless of age. Answer the questions to the best of your ability; we cannot assist you in completing the form. Before you begin, see our video and SlideShare presentation for additional tips, and information on photo specifications.

Step Two: Go to https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gbto pay the MRV application fee and schedule an interview, or obtain information on applying for the visa by courier.  Click on &#;Apply&#; if you are a first time user or &#;Continue&#; if you already have an account.

After creating your account, please follow the process and guidance for each person applying for a visa.

Please note:Appointments cannot be scheduled by email.  

Sours: https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/tourism-visitor/how-to-apply/

U.S. Visas

In accordance with the agreement signed between the United States and China to extend visa validity, beginning on November 29, , Chinese citizens with year B1, B2 or B1/B2 visas in Peoples’ Republic of China passports will be required to update their biographical and other information from their visa application via a website every two years, or upon getting a new passport or B1, B2, or B1/B2 visa, whichever occurs first.  This mechanism is called EVUS - Electronic Visa Update System.

The EVUS website is now open to the public for enrollments at www.EVUS.gov.  CBP will not collect a fee for EVUS enrollment at this time. CBP anticipates the eventual implementation of an EVUS enrollment fee, but does not have a time frame. Until the implementation of a fee, travelers can enroll in EVUS without charge.  The Department of Homeland Security, Customs and Border Protection (CBP) will keep visa holders informed of new information throughout the year. For further information, please visit www.cbp.gov/EVUS.‎

根据美中双方签署的延长签证有效期的协议,自年11月29日起,凡持有10 年 期B1,B2 或 B1/B2签证的中华人民共和国护照持有人需要每两年或在获取新护照或最长有效期的B1、B2或B1/B2签证时时(以先到者为准),通过网站更新他们签证申请上的个人资料及其它信息。这个机制我们称之为EVUS –签证更新电子系统。

EVUS的登记网站www.EVUS.gov 现已开放接受登记。美国海关和边境保护局(CBP)目前不会收取登记费用。美国海关和边境保护局预期EVUS登记收费最终会实施,但目前尚未落实执行时间。在收费实施前,旅客可以免费完成EVUS登记。美国国土安全部海关和边境保护局将在今年及时向签证持有人公布最新的信息。获取更多的信息,请访问www.cbp.gov/EVUS。

Sours: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/tourism-visit/visitor.html
  1. Lg l322dl google bypass
  2. Best power forward 2k21
  3. Visa capital one

B-1/B-2 Visitor Visa, Explained

What is a B1/B2 visa?

The B-1/B-2 visa is a temporary, non-immigrant visa that allows the holder to travel to the United States for either business or tourism purposes.

Almost all reasons for temporary travel are covered by B visas except student travel, which is covered under F-1 visas. The B-1 visa covers business trips, while the B-2 visa covers tourism, such as vacation or visiting family.

We&#;ve teamed up with RapidVisa so you get the fastest, best help putting together all required forms and documents and submitting them to the government, starting at $

B-1/B-2 Visa Requirements

The B1/B2 visa covers a variety of reasons for travel to the United States that includes both business and tourism/non-business purposes.

Reasons for travel under a B1/B2 visa include but are not limited to:

  • Conducting business, such as negotiating a contract or attending business meetings
  • Attending a conference relevant to a profession, education, or current business endeavor
  • Settling a relative’s estate
  • Engaging in tourist activities or take a vacation
  • Visiting family
  • Receiving medical treatment
  • Attending or taking part in events, such as concerts or classes, as long as there is no payment or credit given to the attendee

You cannot travel under this visa to engage any of the following, per the U.S. Department of State:

  • Study
  • Long-term employment by a U.S. firm
  • Paid performances, or any professional performance before a paying audience
  • Arrival as a crewmember on a ship or aircraft
  • Work as foreign press, in radio, film, print journalism, or other information media
  • Permanent residence in the United States

A B-1/B-2 visa does not grant permanent resident status — it is a temporary visa – but the holder can apply for a green card. The maximum amount of time issued for a B1/B2 visa is days.

This visa allows for multiple entries into the United States.

Need help applying for your B-1/B-2 visa? Head over to RapidVisa to get started on your application today!

B-1/B-2 Visa Eligibility

To be eligible for a B-1 or B-2 visa, the applicant must prove that the travel is temporary and they have the ability to self-fund all costs of the trip. Additionally, they must prove that they have no intent of remaining in the United States beyond their stay and abandoning a residence outside of the United States.

Documents needed to apply:

  • A passport valid for six months past the date of return
  • A recent digital photograph, which meets these requirements
  • Documentation of the past five previous trips to the United States, if applicable
  • Proof of funds to cover the entire cost of the trip, including travel, accommodation, and living expenses
  • Proof of binding ties to their home country, such as a job, property, or family

Note: The Visa Waiver Program allows nationals from certain countries to travel to the United States without a visa for business, tourism, or while in transit for up to 90 days. The program currently covers 38 countries and territories, including most countries in the European Union.

Canadian nationals also typically do not need a visa to enter the US unless they have plans

Different entry requirements also apply to Canadian nationals, who unless they plan to work, study, invest, or immigrate. The maximum length of stay can vary, depending on circumstances, between 6 months and 1 year.

Want help applying for the B1/B2 visa? Our partner, RapidVisa, can guide you through the process. Start today!

B-1/B-2 Visa Cost

The government filing fee for a B visa is $ Note this does not include the cost of gathering documents and evidence and acquiring passport photos.

Have questions about the costs of applying for a B-1/B-2 visa? Our partner RapidVisa can help! Get started now.

B1/B2 Visa - Visa Application Process

Applications can be processed by the United States Embassy or Consulate in your country. You can conduct an interview at an embassy or consulate in a third country but it will take longer to process the visa application.

An interview will need to be conducted before an application is fully accepted.

  • The Online Non-Immigrant Application, form DS, must be completed. File the form online and print the confirmation page as you will need it for your interview.
  • Upload your digital photo
  • Of course, there are fees to be paid.
  • Schedule and then attend an interview at an U.S. Consulate or Embassy in your home country. You will need to provide a receipt for all fees at your interview, as well as the confirmation page for DS

As part of the process, Ink-free, digital fingerprint scans are taken. They will probably be taken during the interview, but not always. After an interview, the consular officer may determine that your application requires additional administrative processing and inform you of this.

RapidVisa, a Boundless company, stays with you right up until the finish line, when your visa gets approved. Get started today!

B1/B2 - FAQs

Who is eligible for a B-1/B-2 visa?

If you’re looking to temporarily visit the U.S. for either holiday or work purposes, for example, attending a conference, touring a place or visiting relatives, then you can apply for a B-1/B-2 visa. You may need to show proof that you have ties to your home country, and that you plan on leaving the U.S..

How long can I stay in the U.S. on the B-1/B-2 visa?

When you enter the U.S., a customs officer will give you authorization to stay in the U.S. for up to six months. If you’d like to stay for longer, you may be able to apply to extend this for up to one year.

How do I extend my stay on the B-1/B-2 visa?

If you are nearing the end of your permitted stay in the U.S., then you may wish to extend it, especially since there can be future consequences if you stay in the U.S. longer than you were allowed to.

If you’re on a B-1/B-2 visa, you can request to extend your stay up to one year. To do this, you will need to file Form I to extend or change your status. It’s recommended that you apply to extend your status at least 45 days before your authorized stay expires, so make sure you’re thinking ahead.

Can I work in the U.S. on a B-1/B-2 visa?

No. While you can enter the U.S. for business purposes, you cannot work or be employed by a U.S. employer. If you’re interested in working in the U.S. for a U.S. employer, you may be interested in other visa categories, such as the H-1B visa.

How can I renew my B-1/B-2 visa?

If you would like to renew your B-1/B-2 visa, then you will need to go through the original process. Depending on the U.S. embassy or consulate where you apply, you may be able to complete your visa renewal without the need for an interview.

Should I apply for a B-1/B-2 visa or an ESTA?

If you are a citizen of one of the 38 countries that are part of the Visa Waiver Program, then you have the option of applying for an ESTA instead of a B-1/B-2 visa.

Both allow you to enter the U.S. for the same reasons of tourism or business, but you can apply for the ESTA online. Entering the U.S. this way only permits you to stay for up to 90 days, however, so if you would like to stay in the U.S. for travel or business purposes for longer, the B-1/B-2 visitor visa may be an option for you.

Do Canadian citizens need a B-1/B-2 visa?

For casual business or tourism travel, most Canadian citizens don’t need a visa and will automatically be admitted on a B-1 or B-2 category.

Is the B-1/B-2 visa an immigrant or non-immigrant visa?

The B-1/B-2 visa is a non-immigrant visa, but if your circumstances change, for example you marry a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, there are several paths from a visitor visa to a green card. Learn more to see how Boundless can help you avoid major headaches and make the process easier.

Sours: https://www.boundless.com/immigration-resources/bbvisitor-visa-explained/

U.S. Embassy & Consulates
in the United Kingdom

If you are an amateur or a member of a group of amateurs performing in a social and/or charitable context, or as a competitor in a talent show or contest, you may be eligible for a B-2 visa, provided you will not be paid for your performance. You may, however, receive expenses incidental to the visit.

Although you cannot be paid for your performance, you may be performing where an attendance fees is charged.

Provided the fee is just to cover or defray the actual cost of holding the event, or if there is a profit, the money goes to charity rather than a commercial cause, the B-2 visa is still ok.

Please note: An amateur is someone who normally performs without remuneration (other than an allotment for expenses). A performer who is normally compensated for performing cannot qualify for a B-2 visa, even if they do not make a living at performing.

Sours: https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/tourism-visitor/

Us visa application b2

Our team is made up of qualified immigration lawyers who can provide you with the best visa application guidance.

If you are seeking medical treatment in the U.S., your lawyer will:

  • Perform a full document check to ensure that your case meets the B2 Visa requirements;
  • Review if you need a translation for every medical evidence that is not written in English;
  • Liaise with your local doctor and your chosen physician in the U.S. to ensure that your medical documentation is in order.

If you want to submit your B2 Visa application for pleasure purposes, we will be happy to follow your case as well. Our services include:

  • Review your B2 Visa documentation;
  • Checking you have sufficient proof of strong ties with your home country;
  • Completing all your application forms;
  • Following your case if you need to apply for a B2 Visa extension.

With our guidance, you are on the route to successfully get your B2 Visa. Contact us today calling us on + or using our online contact form.

You will not be able to get a Green Card through the U.S. Tourist Visa. The B2 Visa is a temporary visa, which means it is not a form of permanent residence.

You will need to return to your home country to begin a Green Card application.

You can get married in the United States with your partner while on a B1/B2 Visitor Visa. However, this will not grant your permanent residence in the country nor will it grant you a B2 Visa extension. If you would like to adjust your visa status so that you can live in the U.S. with your spouse, you will need to return to your home country and apply for a Marriage Green Card through consular processing.

If you would like to get married in the United States and stay in the country with your spouse while you adjust your visa status, you can apply for a K1 Fiancé Visa.

The processing time for a B2 visa will depend on the workload and backlogs of the U.S. Embassy or Consulate to which you are applying. It could take anywhere from a couple of weeks or months for you to receive a decision on whether or not your visitor visa was approved.

Sours: https://us.iasservices.org.uk/america/visitor/b2-visa/
5 Tips to Help You Get Your B1/B2 Visa Approved!

U.S. Visas

The DS, Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application form, is for temporary travel to the United States, and for K (fiancé(e)) visas. Form DS is submitted electronically to the Department of State website via the Internet. Consular Officers use the information entered on the DS to process the visa application and, combined with a personal interview, determine an applicant’s eligibility for a nonimmigrant visa.

Visa applicants must submit a completed DS, Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application for all nonimmigrant visa categories, including applicants applying for K visas. (Note:  For K visa cases in process at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate prior to October 7, , review the limited exceptions explained in the FAQs below.) 

Review the Frequently Asked Questions for instructions about using the DS

Access the online DS by clicking: Consular Electronic Application Center website.

Important Notice to Visa Applicants: After you have completed the DS, you must take these next steps below:

  • Print and keep the DS barcode page. (You will not need to print the full application.)
  • You must schedule a visa interview appointment. (The U.S. Embassy or Consulate does not schedule an appointment for you.) Visit the U.S. Embassy or Consulate website where you will be interviewed for country-specific instructions.;
  • Pay the visa application processing fee. Review country-specific instructions on the U.S. Embassy or Consulate website.
Sours: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/forms/dsonline-nonimmigrant-visa-application.html

Similar news:

Business/Tourist Visa or Applicants Seeking Medical Care

On this page:



The B-1/B-2 visitor visa is for people traveling to the United States temporarily for business (B-1) or for pleasure or medical treatment (B-2). Generally, the B-1 visa is for travelers consulting with business associates, attending scientific, educational, professional or business conventions/conferences, settling an estate or negotiating contracts. The B-2 visa is for travel that is recreational in nature, including tourism, visits with friends or relatives, medical treatment and activities of a fraternal, social or service nature. Often, the B-1 and B-2 visas are combined and issued as one visa: the B-1/B


If you apply for a B-1/B-2 visa, you must demonstrate to a consular officer that you qualify for a U.S. visa in accordance with the U.S. Immigration and Nationality Act (INA). Section (b) of the INA presumes that every B-1/B-2 applicant is an intending immigrant. You must overcome this legal presumption by showing:

  • That the purpose of your trip to the United States is for a temporary visit, such as business, pleasure, or medical treatment
  • That you plan to remain in the United States for a specific, limited period of time
  • Evidence of funds to cover your expenses while in the United States
  • That you have a residence outside the United States, as well as other binding social or economic ties, that will ensure your return abroad at the end of your visit

Personal or domestic employees and crew members working aboard vessels within the Outer Continental Shelf may qualify for B-1 visas under certain circumstances.

Some foreign nationals may be ineligible for visas according to The Immigration and Nationality Act. You can read more about The Immigration and Nationality Act and visa ineligibility here.

Application Items

If you apply for a business/tourist visa, you must submit the following:

  • A Nonimmigrant Visa Electronic Application (DS) Form. Visit the DS web page for more information about the DS
  • A passport valid for travel to the United States with a validity date at least six months beyond your intended period of stay in the United States (unless country-specific agreements provide exemptions). If more than one person is included in your passport, each person desiring a visa must submit an application.
  • One (1) 2"x2" (5cmx5cm) photograph taken within the last six months. This web page has information about the required photo format.
  • A receipt showing payment of your US$ non-refundable nonimmigrant visa application processing fee paid in local currency. This web page has more information about paying this fee. If a visa is issued, there may be an additional visa issuance reciprocity fee, depending on your nationality. The Department of State's website can help you find out if you must pay a visa issuance reciprocity fee and what the fee amount is.

In addition to these items, you must present an interview appointment letter confirming that you booked an appointment through this service. You may also bring whatever supporting documents you believe support the information provided to the consular officer.

How to Apply

Step 1

Complete the Nonimmigrant Visa Electronic Application (DS) form.

Step 2

Pay the visa application fee.

Step 3

Schedule your appointment on this web page. You need three pieces of information in order to schedule your appointment:

  • Your passport number
  • The CGI reference number from your Visa Fee receipt. (Click here if you need help finding this number.)
  • The ten (10) digit barcode number from your DS confirmation page
Step 4

Visit the U.S. Embassy on the date and time of your visa interview. You must bring a printed copy of your appointment letter, your DS confirmation page, one photograph taken within the last six months and your current and all old passports. Applications without all of these items will not be accepted.

Supporting Documents

Supporting documents are only one of many factors a consular officer will consider in your interview. Consular officers look at each application individually and consider professional, social, cultural and other factors during adjudication. Consular officers may look at your specific intentions, family situation, and your long-range plans and prospects within your country of residence. Each case is examined individually and is accorded every consideration under the law.

Caution: Do not present false documents. Fraud or misrepresentation can result in permanent visa ineligibility. If confidentiality is of concern, the applicant should bring the documents to the U.S. Embassy in a sealed envelope. The U.S. Embassy will not make this information available to anyone and will respect the confidentiality of the information.

You should bring the following documents to your interview. Original documents are always preferred over photocopies and you must bring these documents with you to the interview. Do not fax, email or mail any supporting documents to the U.S. Embassy

  • Current proof of income, tax payments, property or business ownership, or assets.
  • Your travel itinerary and/or other explanation about your planned trip.
  • A letter from your employer detailing your position, salary, how long you have been employed, any authorized vacation, and the business purpose, if any, of your U.S. trip.
  • Criminal/court records pertaining to any arrest or conviction anywhere, even if you completed your sentence or were later pardoned.

Additionally, based on your purpose of travel, you should consider bringing the following:


Bring your latest school results, transcripts and degrees/diplomas. Also bring evidence of financial support such as monthly bank statements, fixed deposit slips, or other evidence.

Working adults

Bring an employment letter from your employer and pay slips from the most recent three months.

Businessmen and company directors

Bring evidence of your position in the company and remuneration.

Visiting a relative

Bring photocopies of your relative's proof of status (e.g. Green Card, naturalization certificate, valid visa, etc).

Previous visitors to the United States

If you were previously in the United States, any documents attesting to your immigration or visa status.

Supporting Documents for Applicants Seeking Medical Care

If you wish to travel to the United States for medical treatment, then you should be prepared to present the following documentation in addition to the documents listed above and those the consular officer may require:

  • A medical diagnosis from a local physician explaining the nature of your ailment and the reason you require treatment in the United States.
  • A letter from a physician or medical facility in the United States expressing a willingness to treat this specific ailment and detailing the projected length and cost of treatment (including doctors' fees, hospitalization fees, and all medical-related expenses).
  • A statement of financial responsibility from the individuals or organization paying for your transportation, medical and living expenses. The individuals guaranteeing payment of these expenses must provide proof of their ability to do so, often in the form of bank or other statements of income/savings or certified copies of income tax returns.

An applicant whose primary reason for traveling to the United States is for medical treatment or evaluation generally should apply for a B1/B2 visa. Please submit the documents described in the "Business and Tourist travelers" section and provide the consular section with all of the following information for adjudication of his/her visa:

  • A medical report statement from a physician in Egypt stating the nature of the medical condition and the possibility of treatment in Egypt
  • A statement from a licensed American physician, on official letterhead or hospital letterhead, describing:
    • The medical problem based on the assessment of a doctor in Egypt
    • The treatment required
    • The entire cost of the treatment
    • The appointment date
    • Documents showing the applicants’ ability to pay for the treatment (bank statements or an affidavit of support from abroad)

    Even if complete information regarding the medical condition and proposed treatment is presented, it does not guarantee the issuance of a visa. All visa applicants, even those going to the United States for medical treatment, must prove that they are not intending immigrants.

    Electronic Visa Update System (EVUS)

    In accordance with the agreement signed between the United States and China to extend visa validity, beginning on November 29, , Chinese citizens with year B1, B2 or B1/B2 visas in Peoples’ Republic of China passports will be required to update their biographical and other information from their visa application via a website every two years, or upon getting a new passport or B1, B2, or B1/B2 visa, whichever occurs first. This mechanism is called EVUS - Electronic Visa Update System.

    The EVUS website is now open to the public for enrollments at www.EVUS.gov. CBP will not collect a fee for EVUS enrollment at this time. CBP anticipates the eventual implementation of an EVUS enrollment fee, but does not have a time frame. Until the implementation of a fee, travelers can enroll in EVUS without charge. The Department of Homeland Security, Customs and Border Protection (CBP) will keep visa holders informed of new information throughout the year. For further information, please visit www.cbp.gov/EVUS.

    根据美中双方签署的延长签证有效期的协议,自年11月29日起,凡持有10 年 期B1,B2 或 B1/B2签证的中华人民共和国护照持有人需要每两年或在获取新护照或最长有效期的B1、B2或B1/B2签证时时(以先到者为准),通过网站更新他们签证申请上的个人资料及其它信息。这个机制我们称之为EVUS –签证更新电子系统。

    EVUS的登记网站www.EVUS.gov 现已开放接受登记。美国海关和边境保护局(CBP)目前不会收取登记费用。美国海关和边境保护局预期EVUS登记收费最终会实施,但目前尚未落实执行时间。在收费实施前,旅客可以免费完成EVUS登记。美国国土安全部海关和边境保护局将在今年及时向签证持有人公布最新的信息。获取更多的信息,请访问 www.cbp.gov/EVUS。

    More Information

    For more information about business and tourist visas, visit the Department of State's website.

Sours: https://www.ustraveldocs.com/eg/eg-niv-typeb1b2.asp

10689 10690 10691 10692 10693